This very simple and easy recipe is the complete opposite of what life is for me right now. I hope life can be as manageable as this Single Serving Salted Caramel Microwave Cookie. It only has four main ingredients plus a pinch of salt, baking soda and filling or topping of choice. You mix all these by hand and it cooks for only 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave, depending on how gooey or firm you want it to be. Can anything be simpler or easier??? I am just thankful for this simple and easy no bake recipes when life is a little bit more difficult than usual. It is good to know that I can create something delicious with less effort, thinking and cleaning. For anyone who is also going through some rough times, this is for you ^_^. May this make you and your family smile. We may not be able to control everything that’s happening or know what is to come but we can choose to accept our circumstances, make the most of what we have and just move forward in faith. There will be better days. This microwave cookie recipe is another one of my canvas recipes like the Homemade Cereal Crispies, which you can alter according to your whim and fancy. I made some homemade salted caramel some weeks ago so I decided to use it as a filling for this microwave cookie. I have also made this with Nutella. You can put in jam, chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, dried fruits or nuts. If you like some interesting flavor contrasts, mix-in some potato chips or salted pretzels, why not?Now, just to manage expectations and keep it real…the texture of this microwave cookie will be very different from your regular oven-baked cookies. Don’t expect a crunchy exterior. It will be dense and a little on the cakey side. It will be gooey if you like it to be, you just have to undercook it. I have to say that this is generally not a wow recipe but some people who have tasted this really loved it. No, I am not pertaining to my husband, parents or other relatives =p. Moreover, this is a go-to for immediate sweet craving gratification (usually of my husband) or a quick emergency dessert. Yes, I have made this in a bigger batch and served it to guests.
PRICES & WHERE TO BUY INGREDIENTS (Philippines Only)? Find out here.
- 1 tbsp (30 ml) Cooking Coconut, Canola or any other Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsps Golden Brown or Muscovado Sugar (preferred)
- 1 large (20 g) Egg Yolk
- 3 tbsps (24 g) All-Purpose Flour
- pinch of Baking Soda
- pinch of Fine Salt
- 1 tbsp Homemade Salted Caramel
- 5 pcs White Chocolate Chips
- Blend 1 tbsp (30 ml) Cooking Coconut Oil with 2 tbsps Muscovado Sugar with a fork
- Beat in 1 large (20 g) Egg Yolk until well-combined
- Add 3 tbsps (24 g) All-Purpose Flour, pinch of Baking Soda and pinch of Fine Salt
- Mix just until everything is moistened and combined
- Chill for 15 mins or so to firm the batter up (I prefer to place it in the freezer)
- Make a small well in the middle of the batter with your thumb and put in 1 tbsp Homemade Salted Caramel
- Cover up the filling and top with 5 pcs White Chocolate Chips
- You can transfer in a shallow microwavable saucer or just directly cook in the bowl you mixed everything in only if it is microwave-safe
- Cook for 30 to 45 seconds (best to cook in shorter bursts to better monitor and achieve preferred consistency)
- The filling and topping is up to you. You can put in jam, chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, dried fruits or nuts. If you like some interesting flavor contrasts, mix-in some potato chips or salted pretzels.